Monday, 2 August 2010
What is Boho Fashion?
For those who aren't familiar with all the terminology, here are some of the information about Boho Fashion, and how it all started. Morocco was also an inspiration to all the ethnic fashion back then, and still is!
Hippies Created Bohemian Fashion
The Hippie Clothing originated in US by mid-60′s, the clothing style was popularized by the radical youth during that period. The Hippies are known to be rebellious in a subtle way, creating their own communities and groups, as well as other radical habits and practices.
Hippie, Indie, Boho, Vintage, etc…
It is hippie clothing style who has become and reincarnated as Indie Clothing (Independent Clothing) in the 80′s because the style refuse to follow trends, but their comfortable styling, ethnic taste, and accessories. It has later become the Bohemian Clothing upto the present.
Now Hippie Clothing is widely recognized in fashion industry as the Bohemian Fashion or Boho Fashion. More and more people are fascinated by the ethnic look of the hippie clothing style that is now popular because of the tribal trend this year.
Hippies ! We love nature...
Also, hippie groups are always into nature. My prediction is that the hippie clothing style or hippie fashion will become more and more famous. The campaign for environmental action to help Mother Nature will push it to its fame. They are known to use eco-friendly items to create their style and fashion.
Their use of natural fabrics and materials, as well as recycling vintage clothing. Vintage clothing as we all know is well patronized for their elegance and simplicity. It has truly become Indie Clothing revolving through time. It is the fashion of the past to future.
Bohemian or Boho style unites in itself vintage, gypsy, hippy and everyday styles.
Bold, creative personalities usually choose this style.
Boho style naturally brings out the uniqueness in you...
Live Bohemian, be free in spirit, be bohemian...
If you like, visit my etsy shop for more Bohemian fashion...
More new collections are coming up mid-August.
Bohemian style clothing features:
• Short-tunic dresses, floor reaching dresses, kimono-sleeves, cardigans, bolero, short jackets, poncho, pelerines;
• Light, fluttering textiles;
• Flowers and psychedelic patterns, ethnic motifs (mottled clothes combined with single-colored);
• Color palette: grayish beige, lavender, greenish neutral, ivory, pale pink, gray tones;
• Layered clothing;
• Combination of loose and tight-fitting clothing.
• Sandals (with metal clasps, decorated with beads and leather straps), vintage shoes and semi-long boots.
• Hair bands, colorful necklaces, big bracelets, belts with massive buckles, scarves;
• Tip: clothing should not be too mottled and too complex, so that it would not turn off attention from the face.