Thursday 3 June 2010

Maison Marrakech Celebration

Mesdames et Messieurs,
This will be my first ever blog...
Alot of events are happening in my life. The first being that I am in my final stage to open up my web-boutique 'Maison Marrakech', which will be opening in July 2010.
I would love to share my passion about Morocco, and its culture/art/lifestyle etc with all of you.
I will be updating new items from my designs or from the medina...

Today, my inspiration goes to the La Mamounia Hotel, Marrakech


La Mamounia is situated not far from the centre medina, Djamma el Fna. It's gone through a long 3 year renovation, but was originally built in 1923. There were so many artists/celebraties who were mesmerized by its charm. Winston Churchill loved this place. In fact he lived here..







Moroccan designs are so romantic, it's suitable for a honeymoon setting, just an exotic evening. The lanterns makes the atmosphere almost unreal of this world. I would love to live here...

Such an elegant indoor pool. Tiles are all moroccan traditional designs...







Wonderful details, so elegant and yet exotic...

...Not to mention their care and service is top class. Have you ever seen the moroccan tea served? They are really entertaining.













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love your inspirational comments...

Search This Blog

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig