It's a Sunday, and I always love to post about some recipe I've found, or have actually made and to share it with all of you.This week is my all time favorite dish. Chicken Tagine with Lemon preserves. It's a classic, and if you put the ingredients right, you would never go wrong...my daughter and hubby loves this dish xoxo
2 1/2 lbs – 3 lbs of Organic Chicken Drumsticks & Thigs
1 Large Onions, Sliced
1/2 Teaspoon Saffron
1 Teaspoon of HARISSA
2 Teaspoons of Garlic/Ginger paste
2 Preserved Lemons, quartered
1 Cup of Olives
1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Sea Salt to taste
1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
1 Cup of Water
1. One hour before preperation, Marinate the Chicken with Sea Salt, Saffron, Lemon Juice, Garlic/Ginger paste & Olive Oil.
2. In a large pan, Saute the onions in about 2 tablespoon of oil until translucent.
3. Add the Chicken to the pan & Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add the Harissa & pulp of the preserved lemons. ( I bought from williams-sonoma)
5. Add water and let it cook on medium low heat until the chicken is tender & the liquid has dried.
6. Garnish with preserved Lemons, Olives & Chopped Cilantro.
7. Serve Hot with Couscous or a Crusty Bread.
8. Enjoy ♥